RJ Cole Winery

Insights into the world of an amateur home winemaker.

Name:
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States

Cole Wines anagrams to Senile Cow.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Pumpkin Not Clear

I promised you a report on the clarity of the Pumpkin Wine after checking it on Tuesday. So here's the report: it's not clear.

Actually, as the Sparkolloid settled down, it got back to around the same clarity it had before I added the Sparkolloid. When I put my hand on the other side of the carboy from me, I can see the faint, blurred shape of my hand through the wine. So it's very close, but not quite there.

Of course, my Strawberry Wine, which is only a couple of months old, is almost clear enough to read a book through, but I'm not talking about the stupid Strawberry Wine.

Sorry for that moment of frustration. I'm actually extremely happy with how the Strawberry Wine is looking. I'll have to taste it again soon and report back on that.

As for the Pumpkin Wine, well, I'm not sure what to do now. I doubt that it's clear enough to filter, and of course I don't have a filter anyway, so that's out. I guess I'll go back to the drawing board and check at Winepress.

I'm just ready to get the Pumpkin Wine into bottles and clear up some carboy space. After all, summer is here and fresh fruits are all over the place! I've got to make some more wine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home