RJ Cole Winery

Insights into the world of an amateur home winemaker.

Name:
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States

Cole Wines anagrams to Senile Cow.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Pumpkin Update!

I racked my pumpkin wine again on Sunday night (2/12). I had a taste of it while doing so, and all I can say is wow! This is going to be a good wine! It has a nice light body, with a taste of pumpkin already. It finishes with a bit of a gingery bite. It is definitely not too acidy, and the ginger has backed off, although it's still a little too strong. But now I'm confident that will mellow with time. This is a good dry wine. I'm actually starting to rethink whether I will sweeten this or not!

This is part of what makes winemaking so great. I was simply enjoying the processes of working on the wine, and had forgotten a little bit about how good the finished product can be. This was a great wonderful surprise for me!

The wine is clearing nicely, and has a beautiful golden-amber color in the carboy, and is almost as clear as water with little color in the glass.

That's it for now. We'll see how it progresses!

Salute!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home