RJ Cole Winery

Insights into the world of an amateur home winemaker.

Name:
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States

Cole Wines anagrams to Senile Cow.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Update: Day 4

Same old, same old.

Well, the fermentation is going well, it appears. I've been stirring daily. It smells pretty powerful, but that's alright. I have noticed that the liquid isn't as sticky as it was at the beginning, which tells me that the yeast are doing their job and eating the sugar, lowering the SG and raising the actual alcohol levels. I'm going to have to actually use the hydrometer and measure the SG in a day or two to see if it's time to rack to a seondary fermenter. I would wait until Friday, so it would be a full week, but Kat and I are leaving Thursday night to go to her dad's wedding on Friday, so I won't be around until Sunday. So I'll have to hope that it's ready before. I'll keep you posted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home